Benefits of Nitric Oxide
Nitric Oxide is a form of gas which is freely produced in the cells of the body. It is helpful in internal communication by means of signaling in the body. When enzymes in the body break the amino acid Arginine, it produces nitric acid. There are certain key physiological functions in the body for whose performance nitric oxide is required. Nitric oxide performs various functions and also acts as an internal messenger between cells, as a hormone and a neurotransmitter and also assists in various biological functions. It is not a vitamin or a gas, but a gas that is biologically produced within the body to perform various important biological and physiological functions. Nitric oxide also helps in improving the conditions like diabetes, insomnia and obesity. A person who lacks nitric oxide shows signs of weakness physically.
What is Nitric Oxide and Why does the body need it? Dr. Thomas Burke
- Improves immunity: Nitric oxide is released by the immune cells in the body to fight virus, bacteria or any harmful elements that can be a cause of disease or an infection. Nitric oxide supplements improve the quality of blood cells that exists in the bone marrow, cells that boost or increase immunity and the cells of the muscles. It is also established that nitric oxide prevents the growth of cancerous cells or tumors within the body.
- Helps in blood circulation: Nitric oxide helps to regulate the blood circulation in the body, does not allow blood to clot and enlarges the diameter of blood vessels. A person who takes nitric oxide supplements has the benefits of increased level of oxygen in body, lower blood pressure levels and also it helps the heart to function properly and in a healthy manner.
- It helps increase alertness: As nitric oxide acts as a messenger between cells in the body which includes nerve cells too, the higher the amount of nitric oxide in the body, faster is the communication between cells which leads to more focus, alertness and vigilance.
- Increases the endurance level: Nitric oxide helps to increase the endurance level of the muscles in the body therefore allowing strenuous activities like lifting heavy objects.
- Gives relief from pain: People who are suffering from arthritis and joint inflammation do experience relief in the long term due to higher level of nitric oxide, as it activates the anti-inflammation system in the body which reduces the inflammation.
- Increases mass of the muscles: A person who consumes the best nitric oxide supplement, benefits with increased mass muscle. Nitric oxide makes the blood vessels wider and hence increases the flow of blood which further leads to increase in lean muscle mass. As the blood flow increases, it also leads to increase in the availability of nutrients to the muscles which leads to increase in their size.
- Improves Intra-cellular communication: Nitric oxide helps in the communication between different cells in the body including the brain and nerve cells. Therefore, taking nitric oxide supplements helps greatly in improving memory, concentration and learning. Many disorders such as insomnia and gastro-intestinal problems can be effectively treated with the help of nitric oxide.